Friday, September 20, 2013

Raindrops on Roses

...whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings...these are a few of my favorite things!

Austria. 

Home of the Sound of Music, arguably one of the best musicals ever produced.
Famous for wiener schnitzel, cuckoo clocks, and Mozart.
Centrally located in Europe.

And of course, home of the International Bible School that I will be attending this fall...Tauernhof!



This fall I will be studying abroad in Schladming, Austria. Located in the Austrian Alps, Schladming is apparently the home of all Austrian Olympic skiers and my school lies directly at the base of the biggest ski resort. All I can say is...I better learn how to ski quickly! 

Other than skiing, this semester I will be living with 80 or so students that have come from all around the world. Each week we study a different topic (i.e. Genesis or Hinduism and Christianity) which is led by a different professor. These professors will be traveling from all around the world as well to offer their own perspective on Christianity.

Although the 20 hour journey to Schladming looks daunting, I am excited to finally start this new chapter in my life. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodnight!


And just for the record, brown paper packages tied up with strings are definitely some of my favorite things. (I also enjoy letters!) 

Emily Miller
Tauernhof
Coburgstrasse 50
A-8970 Schladming
Austria

No comments:

Post a Comment